Hand your business on or sell-up and explore a new direction in life. Whether you are thinking of retiring soon, or in 20 years’ time, exiting requires careful planning.
To minimise your tax liabilities and maximise your wealth, timing is paramount.
There are three main routes to disposal: Family succession, trade sale and management buyout. We can evaluate and oversee potential exit and retiring strategies to help you make the right decision for you and your family.
How do I get the best price?
- Ensure the business is in market areas that command high valuations.
- Focus on how to add value, not just sales.
- Make sure the value of the business isn’t tied up with you, the owner.
- Support, mentor and incentivise a successor management team.
- Implement good systems.
- Plan the timing – when your business is well invested not up against issues.
- Let go! Accept that you will no longer be in charge.
How do I pay less tax on exit?
When you sell or exit you could be landed with some heavy tax liabilities unless you’ve done your tax planning properly. We’ll weigh up your personal and corporate tax liabilities to ensure your exit doesn’t cost you more than you bargained for.
How can we help with retirement?
- Identify potential buyers and management teams
- Track down the right people and systems to move forward
- Make sure your business is well positioned in the market
- Make sure your business is correctly valued
- Consider and prepare for the buyers needs and due diligence
- Tax planning to ensure you pay the least tax possible on exit
- Work through the transitional period to minimise work and stress